Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Got Tagged

Look at my fun new page!! Thanks Shauna! If you know me then you know that normally I wouldn't pay 1 red cent for something like decorating a blog, BUT there is nothing I love more than seeing a stay at home mom gettin' her hustle on! Shauna is so generous and crafty and sweet and I love that she is using her gifts to earn some cash for the fam. Sounds Proverbs 31ish to me!

Okay, so I got tagged by Molly and since I have nothing interesting to say on my own today I am going to answer these 6 questions, but be checking out Summer's blog if you need a dose of ridiculousness because I may be posting something on hers, but this time we may be writing something together. I like writing on Summer's blog because then I can say random things and not seem weird for putting it on my own blog. I mean where else can you blog about Cinderella's bunions and get away with it?

The Tag Thingy...

10 years ago: (WARNING: I am speaking as a 10th grader not my present views on life)
In 1998 I was in the 10th grade. I was an idiot in the 10th grade who didn't know Jesus. What I remember MOST about the 10th grade was that I was grounded almost every single month and once for an entire month...talk about an awful year. That was the year the funk hit the fan in so many ways. I still need counseling from some of the things that went on that year. But a story that I do remember is that my world revolved around Nick Gonzales and he, like me, was an idiot as well so...I remember we broke up and he asked Stefanie Harper to the Colonel Ball and I was devastated. (probably not an exaggeration) Stefanie was small, blonde and could stay out later than I could so I knew that had something to do with the breakup. So, instead of skipping the dance I asked Anebal Ramos... the Puerto Rican graduate who I knew was a teeny bit nerdy but cool enough and old enough having graduated to make Nick jealous enough. So, I went out and bought a royal blue valour dress with diamond cut outs around the decolletage with rhinestones and had some pumps dyed blue. (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit) We always had a big ceremony before the dance honoring smart, pretty and funny people like our world does and I was nominated for something, but I didn't know what. It was my first nomination and I was proud...Nick had been nominated for Most Handsome the year before and I had been his date. I prayed that he wouldn't be nominated for the category again with Stefanie as his date or she would surely win the night's Competition in My Head since Anebal was looking a little nerdier than anticipated. So, I sat and waited and prayed that Nick would trip and fall as he walked down the isle to be nominated for whatever category that he was there for. He was nominated for Class Favorite and I had a sigh of relief because in my high school looks were definitely more important than personality. Then the category for Most Beautiful came and I almost didn't hear my name as I was praying fervently for Nick's demise. Most Beautiful!!! YES! It was exactly what I needed to make Nick realize how wrong he was!! I walked up in my valour attire with the other 4 nominees and mouthed the name of the obvious winner along with the rest of the girls..."Heather Dunn" and went and sat down. I glanced at Nick on the way back to my seat and knew as my rhinestones sparkled in the light that I had won...until I got back to my seat and saw a starry eyed Anebal and realized that the night had just begun. UGH HIGH SCHOOL!!

Things on my to-do list today:
My Type A is low today so I haven't made a list. Adam is still out of town so my days have been full of TV which we NEVER watch and junk food...so my list would look something like this:

  • Possibly go to Michael's to look for some fun paper for a project for the kitchen.
  • Clean the house while simultaneously watching Oprah try and take over the world. (What the crap is this New Earth stuff???)
  • Try to hang up the new mirror I bought without breaking it...almost drop it...put it down and wait for Adam
  • Watch American Idol...see one good singer and wish I had done something else.
  • Watch Once with Dana
  • Pick Adam and Danny up from the airport at MIDNIGHT!!! (If I don't get mugged and shot)


  • What would I do it I suddenly became a Billionaire?
    Wow, a billionaire...so dramatic...I would start figuring out how to keep it quiet and then Adam and I would probably do lots of research on places that we could go to figure out how to give it away to hurting people, countries and schools etc. We would probably become the Christian Brangelina and adopt lots of kids and have lots kids. I would pay off my mother's and grandmother's homes and pay for any family members who need some sort of rehab or counseling. Invest, go shopping and buy a house to fit all our kids in, but I think we would mostly just give it away to people who can't help themselves all while sharing the gospel.

    Three of my bad habits:
    • procrastination
    • lack of discipline
    • I am a walking tornado. When I get home from work I drop everything right where I stand and walk away. But when I clean it is like something out of a magazine. I don't joke around when it comes to scrubbing, so that makes up for it.

    5 jobs I have had:

    Receptionist, Director of a Contemporary Worship Service, Assistant Manager, Fashion Expert at Express, Babysitter in a gym nursery

    5 things people don't know about me:

    • I love children's books and always read them instead of magazines when I wait at a doctor's office.
    • You know those girls you see on Thanksgiving at half time of the holiday football games dancing while some celebrity like Kelly Clarkson or Beyonce sings? Well I did that twice, only it was Randy Travis one year and Reba McEntire the other:( The year I decided that I would skip it was someone way cooler like Shania:(
    • I used to sing country at the Garland Opry and I honestly think its the style of music that I sing the best. (And secretly like to sing!)
    • For about 5 years I have wanted to cut my hair really funky and short but am afraid to. Its a reoccurring thought that I have had probably 5 times a week for 5 years.
    • When I was a teenager my most unhealthy heart sick crush was on Justin Timberlake.

    I tag Amber, Liz, Bex, Lauren W and Summer...it obviously doesn't have to be as long as mine.

    Til Later,


    8 comments:

    Sum said...

    I don't know why you feel my blog is the place for you to be ridiculous, because Anabel Ramos took the cake. and blue died pumps!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh.

    (i had some red ones).

    Finally an Abrigg..... said...

    We need more black country singers. :) THis was fantastic!!!!! Thank you!!!

    lecia said...

    go for the drastic haircut now because once you have kids you traumatize not just yourself but them as well...hayley was like 4 and I cut my hair off really short...came home...she cried and said "I don't like it...I don't like it at ALL!!!!!!!!!"

    Dawntoya and Adam said...

    Lecia is so right about the hair...I need to just do it!!!!!!!! I dont want my kids to cry about it!!

    Bex said...

    are you going to cut your hair????????!!!! tell.me.now.

    Kryssy said...

    1. Do NOT cut your hair. Please and thank you.
    2. LOL @ the 10th grade memory... ironically, that was a dramatic year for me as well... darn SGHS!
    3. You know those girls you see on Thanksgiving at half time of the holiday football games dancing while some celebrity like Kelly Clarkson or Beyonce sings? Well I did that twice, only it was Randy Travis one year and Reba McEntire the other:( The year I decided that I would skip it was someone way cooler like Shania:(
    HA HA... every year I ccame up with an excuse as to why I 'couldn't' do this.... lol

    Lauren Williams said...

    oh Colonel ball.. our own little red carpet... PLEASE cut your hair! i can totally see it! my favorite line in this is that looks were more important than personality at South. sheesh, high school

    Dana said...

    Haha, Dawntoya... you are nuts in such a great way! I realize this post is old, but I just bookmarked your blog. Love how you had to pick up Adam and Danny if you don't get mugged or shot. Not dramatic at all, haha! I'm working in Denton for a while but will be back up for the Downline banquet and will officially move in August so I can start Downline and get a big-girl job. We need to do those kitchen frames if you haven't done them yet!