Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Am Mad

I was going to blog today but I can't because I am mad. I just watched Obama's speech on race which I thought was very well said and would have gotten an 'Amen' out of me had I been in the audience, but I hate America's response to it. It just shows how far behind we are. I am not an Obama supporter (or any candidate's for that matter as of yet) but I recognize truth when I hear it. So when I read white Americans saying "Ugh, black people are so hung up on their race. Get over it!" I get mad. Or when I hear African Americans saying "Reverend Jeremiah Wright spoke the truth!" I get mad. I have read all of those things today and am still...you guessed it...MAD! So, being mad for me equals 'fuming wordiness', so I will refrain and will try to post later this week about happy things, like Brittain and Bex coming to visit for the night. Yeah, that will make me happy. But eventually I may have to get a little political on here as hard as I try not to. Not because I have a candidate, because I don't, or a party because I really don't but because Christians vote on "moral issues." But they vote as though abortion and gay marriage are the only moral issues on the agenda and somehow never take into account the poor and needy... the way that Jesus did, so I think we should talk about it. Til then I will be focused on the love and grace that God has shown me and work on showing that same affection to my fellow Americans. I can't wait for Heaven.

Til Later,

7 comments:

Rick said...

Wise of you to wait a while. Exhale, this mess will still be that when you return. Be encouraged though, I have spoken to one, and I'm certain there are others, who heard Senator Obama's words and said 'I never thought of it (growing up in a racialized America) that way. My prayer is that this opens up a dialogue among many who've tried to avoid and ignore the racism as if the Civil Rights Act was a magic wand that changed hearts, financial and political systems. It would truly be a shame if it's this that keeps him from gaining the presidency and not some other political reason.

Amber said...

Girly I know how you feel...I like Obama and his ideas he has for our country.. What does make me mad is how people look at this whole thing as a Oh he's Black (which if they read about him a little more people would know his momma is white. Which that shouldn't matter) or Oh we dont want a Woman in office..Ugg it all irritates me. What is wrong with the world today. People are people the last time I checked. Well I miss ya girly! Love you

Sum said...

I wish I knew more about politics to discuss it with you. you can teach me.

Lauren Williams said...

i heard it was great. i have been meaning to watch that on you tube.

Unknown said...

Amazing how little I know... I should probably watch more of the news- then again maybe not. HA! You are so funny though. We are a "fallen" world. I love you!

Amber said...

Ok it is time to start blogging again! I check everyday and see no posts from you! Miss ya

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

seriously...