Thursday, April 24, 2008

Try to Keep Up...PART 1

Okay, this really needs to be like a 50 part update since I have been totally MIA. It is so hard to blog when your head is full. I don't know why. You would think things would just flow, but I just couldn't keep up with all that was going on. Well, I thought it was about time for an update. Well FIRST...Adam and I celebrated 1 year April 20th and I have to follow suit and put up some pics from the wedding. I mean, they are something that you really never use and since I posed for thousands of pictures during that time dangit, I am going to put them somewhere. They are bittersweet to look at. Its such a great day but I would not want to repeat it. Sometimes I trick myself into thinking that I would want to do it all over again, but trust me, I would rather just be married. We both want to die when we think about why on earth we were talked into waiting 8 1/2 months to get married. Dumbest thing ever, DON'T DO IT!!!!! Okay, moving on...This day started off so great and relaxed...I mean I woke up early and just felt easy, breezy beautiful Cover Girl. I mean I had AMPLE time and almost felt too laid back...and then I went and got my hair done...Oh Jesus...after my hair was made up like a Steel Magnolias character I decided not to cry and thought if the makeup and dress don't help then I will take all the pins out and wear a ponytail...which I DID NOT want to do since I had worn my hair in a pony tail for 8 months of mourning while Adam was in Memphis...(I look back and always agree...I should have went with the pony tail) I also didn't want to be "Freak Out Bride" who repeatedly says how ugly she is and find myself being rude to perfect strangers. "Well," I thought, "while I am at the salon I will just get one of these people to do my makeup"...Oh Jesus, I told the girl that I wanted to look like I "had on makeup, but natural"...if you do this for a living I think you get this, no problem...at one point while applying my eye shadow I literally thought she had a "pretend eye shadow palette." The more she put on the less I saw. Although I had a Bridezilla moment and envisioned myself standing up and throwing her makeup kit into a mirror and screaming "If I had wanted Maw Maw to do my makeup I would have slipped her a ten and stayed home!!!" But I didn't, I kindly said "Mam, I am so sorry but you have to stop. This isn't what I want and I am out of time so I have to leave" So with a veil tucked into my "Dolly Parton do" I ran and sped to MAC at Northpark mall...long story short...I emerged as the winner of the April 2007 Drag Queen Contest. I sped to the church and started to get teary eyed and started wiping off the "cheekbones" that the makeup "artist" had given me. Luckily Katie was there to help before anyone else arrived to find the Bride of Chucky scrubbing off ultra light base and powder. After a little cleanup everything was fine for the most part besides the horrible nerves and I was off to marry my hubby...here are some pics...


This was a bridal portrait with the pony tail that I should have worn...I also should have laid sexily in the isle and just had Adam meet me there...pretty natural...


Another natural look...Lindsey, don't sue me for posting these w/o permission


The Girls:) I loved these dresses...AND the earrings:) Such hot girls.


The relentless matchmaker:)


The Guys



Fake dancing...


Mollikwa snuck to the back:) I love her:)


This is pretty symbolic since Tess held my hand every step of the way of the planning! Not sure what I would have done without her...





Everyone watching you was scarier than I thought!


I love Matt:) He is probably saying something ridiculous


Oh my goodness, we were so happy and relieved!


Heading to the reception after the gift:)


mmmm:)


awww:)


Maw Maw, Mama, me and my 92 year old Great Grandmother!


I felt rushed at our reception and wasn't quite ready for the night to be over, but I also couldn't wait to begin the Honeymoon! Good times!! It has been a crazy roller coaster of a first year. Marriage is unexplainably hard and amazing. So glad I get to be married to Adam:) Well, I am going to start a Part 2 asap...lots going on...Get ready to hear about the anniversary and other life stuff.

Til Later,





11 comments:

The Ice House said...

love the re-cap Dawn.
praise God you're beyond the hair and makeup part and on to the ______ part! I'll let you fill the in blank!!
: )

miss you

Sum said...

This post is ridiculous and amazing. Im glad you didn't have to slip maw-maw a ten. geeze. hahaha.

cant wait for part 2!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pictures! That is AMAZING! :)

Amber said...

You look so beautiful! Aww I wish we would have kept in touch! My first best friend!

Kryssy said...

AWWWWW.... HOW WONDERFUL!!! Gorgeous picts! =)

Lauren Williams said...

oh dawn! i hated reading that hair and makeup part! ugh!!! but if i can find anyone that will look me in the eye and tell me you did not look gorgeous then i will give them a million dollars! that was such a sweet wedding and i am just glad you and adam are finally together and not miles apart! what torment!!!

Them Chandlers said...

Beautiful. Do you have the picture of you and me at the reception? If so, I'd love to see it!

Love you, girl!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I too loved this post! I will steal that picture. Thank you. :)
YOU WERE UNBELIEVABLE THAT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! I hated my makeup on my wedding day....

Erin said...

LOVED hearing about your wedding day! Can't wait for part 2!

Dana said...

HAHA, after the gift. I didn't see that the first time... made me laugh!

Cayce and Joel Harris said...

i love seeing these! makes me feel like i knew you before i did/do. :) too bad i didn't.

hilarious comments and beautiful pictures.