Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A Little Detour with an Update

I will continue blogging about the world revolving around me in due time...It just takes so much energy to go down memory lane, but it all has a point... I promise. But for now I will take a detour.

Everyone keeps asking me for "belly" pictures and I have one...a really good one, but I think we have temporarily lost our camera cord so I can't upload pictures. SO SAD! I have actually been taking pictures lately for blogging purposes but they are all stuck on my camera. I believe we left it in Texas, but its sort of hard to get in touch with the people we stayed with because they are really Adam's friends and I don't have phone numbers and he cares less about it than I do because he actually has a job that keeps him busy, so blogging isn't top priority. So, we'll see.

Lots going on over here. I talk to people sometimes and realize that I do not update on my life. People at church see me waddle by and go, "Oh, you're pregnant?" Or I tell someone to come over and they call me from my old apartment and I say, "Oh, you didn't know we moved?" I just don't tell people things. So I think I will take this time to update...

1. Ugh, to even start typing I want to quit...updates just feel like "old news." (must press on)
Adam no longer works for Crichton College. He now works for Downline Ministries (too much to describe, click on it if you want info) but its a great opportunity and fit. His vision of Red Revolution has been added to his job description there and we will have a yearly conference and concert for Red Rev!!! Yes! (I know alot of you don't know what this is, if you care then just call me...my phone still works or click on it) He is also working with Lifeway Christian to complete a Red Revolution bible study that will be in stores by the end of this year. (I think) He has written the curriculum and now its going through 1 million editors, plus there is a DVD that has to be done etc. So in due time, but I know it will be ready by the first conference in March.

2. Since Adam no longer works for Crichton we moved out of the college apartments. Its bitter sweet. I will miss the kids, but I won't lie...I am not going to miss being awaken every night by one of the following
a. kids who think 4am is a normal hour to talk loudly in the parking lot.
b. nearby gun shots
c. the night club and its patrons 10 feet from our window and
d. breaking up girl fights...that's hard to accomplish when you are pregnant.
We will no doubt also miss the free rent (tear falls down cheek) but God provided. We are renting a house for a year or more from a couple from our church. They are very gracious and though the neighborhood is quite nice our rent doesn't reflect that. This is our temporary "Jefferson's moment" while we wait for the future home we intend to buy to be ready. I am trying not to get too comfortable. Its so nice you forget you're moving back to the hood;) It is very spacious and cute but the best part is that the people that we rent from are our neighbors. They bought the house we live in because they wanted to expand theirs and it was sort of in the way so we technically share a back yard...and its a good thing too:) There's an unbelievable pool (don't think square or round hole with water...think rocks, waterfalls and beauty) a pool house with a kitchen etc. and the most beautiful garden (don't think potted plants, think lady with a horticulture degree) that the owners let us cut flowers from anytime we want. So its pretty cush and they are great. We are actually having dinner with them tonight. Its also exactly a minute and a half from my job and about 5 from Adam's. Thank you Lord.

3. The baby:) Its a girl. We had our sonogram at 18 weeks and it was the best. Its so cool to go from seeing a blob on the screen where you have to lie every time the sonographer asks you if you see something to seeing an actual baby moving and putting her hands in her mouth! I was super excited at the news. Once I found out I kept laughing so much (thanks to Adam) that I kept getting in trouble for moving too much. It was big fun:) Pray for Adam...instead of thinking nursery and sweet little infant he is thinking gun licenses and chastity belts. I would like for him to slow down and enjoy the moment. LeCrae suggested that we make her wear a shirt that says "My Daddy is a Crazy Black Man" so that no one will date her...we'll see. The baby moved around so much that it took awhile for the sonographer to determine the sex, once she did she exclaims, "Goodness, she finally gave it up!" Adam replies, "Not something I want to hear until she's married." The lady was old and didn't get it, but I couldn't stop laughing and moving and she was getting a bit annoyed:)

4. And finally we (or maybe just me:( ) are headed to Texas again tomorrow for a wedding. But its one of my best friends so I am thrilled about it. Its been so hard not being apart of the showers and parties, but I am really glad to be apart of the wedding and rehearsal dinner. I will be in Texas nearly 4 full days and I am going to try to eat and drink everything I miss about Dallas...so if I am running late to any events please look for me at Jamba Juice, Chipotle or Taco Diner!! All my pregnancy cravings are in other states so that has worked out, but I may just go for it this visit. Hopefully I will find the camera cord and bog you down with a months worth of pictures. Okay, that should be all the surface stuff I have to share about my life....

5. Oh! I am quitting August 1st! (AKA Summer's birthday) And the church said, "Amen."

Til Later,

10 comments:

Kryssy said...

This was such a great blog!!! I love when you update!! YAY for a baby girl... name her Madison. Or... Krystal *heh heh* LOL
Congrats!

Bex said...

yessssssss!! i love this update!!

Cayce and Joel Harris said...

Dawntoya!! yay, a girl! that story is hilarious! can't wait to meet her one day!

and very exciting about downline/red rev/your quitting. good stuff.

Linda D said...

So I am pretty much a lurker on your blog! It all began when I think I commented on kellie everetts blog under a comment you made. i stop by every now and then on your blog. I wanted to say congrats on the baby girl!! baby girls are awesome and fun....i have two! you are funny and your posts are quite entertaining. this is random but i think you know one of my other friends too, her name is brianne.....used to be schmelter but now she is married. i hope you know this jason guy that left all those comments. if you look in your settings, you can make it to where you dont get spam comments and everyone that comments has to verify those funny letters! wow, long comment for it being my first one and you having no clue who i am...sorry. my name is linda :)

The Hunters said...

congrats on the baby girl Dawn! Girls are SO much fun, and cute, and girlie and pink! I've just loved it!
So happy for you!

Meredith said...

Yea for baby girl! Congrats!

B-HO said...

Yay!I LOVED seeing you this weekend! And who the "H" is this Jason dude..."YO Jason get a LIFE!"

Amber said...

Yay Girls are so cute! And Fun...I miss you!

Lauren Williams said...

whoo! enjoy that back yard for me! i would kill for a pool right about now! it was sooooooooooo fun getting to hang out!! come back!!! snif

Sum said...

im so glad my birthday made your blog.

YEAH FOR BABY ZIP!!