Tuesday, February 12, 2008

White Privilege

Okay, well I will update about Detroit sometime this week, but I HAD to post this. I feel that this is a very important sermon. If you don't know me and just read my blog for fun then you don't have to really pay attention, but if you are my friend and love me, for the sake of the gospel and the future hope of a Red Revolution (at least in our own lives) and even insight about views into my culture and background, please listen to this sermon. I don't normally do this but I want my friends to listen to this. I was out of town and hate that I missed it, but when I listened to it, I felt it was very important. I don't feel that I need too many disclaimers because my friends know where I stand on many issues and where ultimately my heart lies. This may be uncomfortable for half a second but this will touch the believer's heart. Knowing alot of your backgrounds I think this will be beneficial for our walks together. Would LOVE to hear your comments after the fact.

Go to www.fellowshipradio.org

It should be the first message by Ben Parkinson entitled "Being White in America." It's a part of our Black History month sermon series. Also, at the end Ben played a video that is important to see. You can find that here but skip ahead to the 3:20 mark for the segment that he showed. I am so excited to chat with you guys about this. I hope you will find some time in your day to listen to this. I dont like listening to sermons by people that I dont really know, but after about 10 minutes you'll be totally engaged.

What a breath of fresh air to hear a white male boldly talk about things that people don't want to talk about...not just for the sake of conversation but for the sake of the gospel. Praise the Lord.

Til Later,

5 comments:

Shauna said...

I am going to listen in a little while when my kids settle down. I am anxious to hear what he has to say - sounds like it might be a refreshing message.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Shauna, your new ghost blogger friend. :) At least you know I know her...right Shauna! :) Shauna, if you could only hear this girl sing!!! I'll find a song somewhere and send it to you!

Dawn, I will listen...Stop yelling at me though on Gchat okay! :)

Meredith said...

Look forward to listening to it! I'm sure it's great!

Sum said...

I for sure want to listen to this. as soon as my internet at home starts working again. UGH.

Lauren Williams said...

jer and i tried to sit down and listen but we only had a 10 min window- we will soon though!