Sunday, September 21, 2008

Update Part 1

Blogging is so overdue. I am taking a break from cleaning my super messy house to try to at least begin a blog with the hopes of one day finishing. I have had a few pretty eventful weeks!! I was really excited for these weeks to both come and go...sounds weird I know, but as exciting as they were; pregnancy makes me super tired so it was fun to finally just go home and crash.


The "eventfulness" started at the end of August when my sister came to visit. She stayed for a few days just to hang out. We didn't do a ton of things because I needed a little rest, but we still had some good hang out time. We went to see LeCrae perform the first night she was here and did alot of eating, but other than that and church we just hung around. I felt bad for being boring but she didn't seem to mind so that was good:)


LeCrae


Leia disregarding my strict "no candids" order


Back home after the concert

We also drug her out to a Downline barbecue of about 100 strangers forcing her to make small talk. She did pretty well. I was proud.


Leia and I at the barbecue

We had a fun time. I was glad she came! She even treated me to a massage!!! Just what I needed:) Ok, moving on to the next week...

Sept 5th was the Downline retreat. I didn't take any pictures, but Downline is the ministry that Adam works for. So EVERYONE that is involved in or going through the program headed out to For the Kingdom camp for an overnight outing...It was pretty fun. Lots of talking to young women about all kinds of things and lots of sports, none of which I participated in. Most of the emerging leaders and downliners played in a tournament strategically planned out by the Downline staff with 10 different games like flag football, volleyball etc. It was way intense. Adam and Kennon even painted lines on the field for the games. I was so glad I had pregnancy as an excuse not to have to play. These tournaments lasted non stop til about 2am and there was at least one person that needed stitches by the end:( I had to sleep on a bunk bed without my husband and got about 2 hours of sleep. I spent the majority of the night trying not to wake my cabin mates as I ate granola bars in bed and went to the bathroom.

On the 9th Lindsey Brittain came into town. I was glad to have an old friend in town...especially one who does the dishes after dinner...geez, come back anytime LB. Lindsey was hired by Red Rev and Fellowship church to do some photography around Memphis. I will spare you the details, but you can imagine how little a photographer gets done when their chauffeur is a directionally challenged, tired, hungry every five minutes, "I gotta go pee," pregnant girl. She was very gracious. Again, no pictures, except for this one:)


Okay...I gotta go sweep and mop the kitchen...LONG OVERDUE!! Hopefully I can get back to finish updating my eventful weeks before another month goes by and I give up all together:)

Til Later,

5 comments:

The Taylor's said...

I was so bummed I couldn't be at your shower this weekend!! you are one of the cutest pregnant women I have seen...most look rough... you look awesome! How is life in another state??

Meredith said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Remember to rest too :-) Love seeing your belly...so cute!

lecia said...

You are so cute pregnant....I cannot even imagine how cute Zipporah is going to be and I want to hold her and kiss her face off already...

Sum said...

Im glad that Chavon said that most pregnant women look "rough." geezeeee. haha.

it was good to see you last weekend. I can't wait to come and braid Zip's hair. :)

Lauren Williams said...

yea! way to go Dawn! i know these updates must be falling more and more to the bottom of the list!!