Sunday, October 12, 2008

Begrudginly Updating Part 2 (This is great if you're bored at work with time on your hands)

Oh my goodness...I was just typing an update which I have been dreading doing in the first place and somehow magically my hand highlights and erases all of the text...I am over this. Well, really I was going to go play by play but the rest of the former update is that I went to Texas for 2 AMAZING showers and then my mom came back to Memphis with me for about 4 days. Here are only a FEW pictures of the ton that were taken. There are so many, but I don't know how to make a slideshow:( The first shower my mom and her friend hosted. It was really nice to see people I hadn't seen in forever and to have lots of family there.


My mom made me wear a sash and my big brother thought it was really funny since he knows I dont like stuff like that, so he took a picture.


A little food


Cute cupcakes


I opened lots of gifts and my mom was standing there the whole time, perhaps even more excited than me


It's Maw Maw!! She insisted I sit on her lap...I guess no matter how old, or pregnant you get, you still have to do what Maw Maw says.


My aunt Sheenon and her daughters


My stylish aunt Yolanda


LaTonya co-hosted with my mom. Sweet lady!


Some boys crashed the party...my brothers Chris and Damien


My cousin Antwone:)

Okay, there were lot of other people there but this is getting longer by the second:) I then headed to Molly's house for a shower with all my Dallas friends! (It was obviously a long but exciting day) I was so excited! I LOVE seeing them! Molly's house was soooooo awesome...too bad she sold it:( If I am sad about it then I am sure she is too so I wont keep talking about it.


The wonderful hosts! LOVE THEM!! Thanks girls!


See that diaper cake in the middle of the table?? Mel made that! She was so domestic for this shower! Everyone did a great job!


I love this picture. Lauren was really excited about making the heart on my stomach with Barkley


Katie and Niki!!!


Jourdan and I and her Cd!! I am so proud of her:) Cant wait for you to come to Memphis!


Why are little things so cute? Somehow, other than this, Molly dodged pictures all night...


Faith and Nat:)

Hope I didn't miss anyone...that's all the photos I got! And finally I couldn't leave without a dinner with these girls:) PF Changs and no makeup mmm...makes me happy. Being an extra 20 pounds...less happy:)


So that's all for the Texas showers. I still have one more in Memphis that I am really excited about.

My mom came into town and we really just chilled and bought a few baby things. She finally got to go to Graceland...unfortunately she went alone...too pregnant for that again. But we had a good time and it was good to see her before the baby comes. AND I had a couple of last minute visitors this past weekend! Brandi Howard and Kelly Moore stayed with us while they were in Memphis to shoot a wedding. LOVED being with them. Okay, that's all for now. That was draining! OH!! Go get LeCrae's new album REBEL!!! I promise it will not disappoint (not simply because I am on there;)) it really is sooooo good! www.reachrecords.com I know you can get it at Lifeway, Mardel and Walmart. (And I swear those shower thank you cards are coming!) LATER peeps!

Til Later,

6 comments:

Kryssy said...

awwww.. how cute! You are all belly! LOL
I love the wall color of your Mom's place(?) too. (I know that was random...lol)

Dana said...

ahhhh yeahhh this is so awesome! Wow, you look so beautiful and your friends/family are all abnormally attractive people haha! Just a funny observation:)

Oh and Ben sent me a copy of Rebel (which is amazinggg!) and your song is seriously one of my favorites. When I have been discouraged about my neighborhood this week, I listen to it on the subway. Obviously, I am not from the hood and it is NOT my natural context, but I've still got beautiful feet and better put them to use!

I keep putting off updating my blog... way to inspire me:)

The Hunters said...

Hey Dawn,
Wish I could have been at the Dallas Shower, looks like so much fun and it was great to see pics of so many people from the first of our little small group :) You look amazing and Phillip has the Rebel CD and was going on and on about it the other day telling all the kids at ZOE that the girl singing was my old roomate (even though that is not entirely true...you did take my 2 walls in Lauren's room though...) Anyway, so excited for all that's going on in your life! Can't wait to see pics of your precious little girl when she comes!

Sum said...

yeah for an update! we need to restore the joy of this blog. because once Zip comes, I will be hounding you for some pics!!

Lauren Williams said...

i hate when i delete my post, so annoying! you look so cute in the first picture with the sash! i would totally wear it if i were pregnant! (geez i just had to double check how to spell pregnant... clearly i am not ready!)

Gloria Furman said...

WOOHOO! I see you went with "the" name! I'm glad Adam finally gave in. Brooklyn is a beautiful middle name. :-)

She's almost here!