Thursday, October 23, 2008

Look at Me being Like Butta (on a roll...huh? get it? huh?)

I thought I would update! 3 times in October! I am proud of myself. There is literally a TON of stuff I should be doing, but I will just keep adding to the "Put off til Forever" list that I am making. I don't really have any pictures besides this one...



These are pretty bad pictures... I look asleep, but it was like almost midnight after Adam and I had gotten home from hanging out. But since he thought I looked like I had on a pregnancy suit, he wanted a shot. I am always lagging behind, so that is actually me at 33 weeks even though at this point I am 36 weeks and a little bigger. But something is better than nothing.

I have some pictures of the decorating process of the babies room, but I think you all should just come visit instead. Our camera is bad so some are all splotchy and doesn't do the room justice, so I will wait. Its pretty cute and girlie though:)

I will tell you that the colors are chocolate, pink, green and white and that the room was based around this little "guard dog."

This is what he looks like on his other side...

Such bad lighting and photography, so I will stop there:)

Okay, none of that was apart of what I was blogging for and now I am far off track and ready to quit.

Adam turned 28 on Saturday:) So we had people over for cupcakes, cookies, ice cream etc. and then after a couple hours about 20 of the brave ones headed out to SKATE!! Y'all...I am ashamed for not having had my camera. You have never seen so many people over 6ft tall on the ground. The beautiful AND sad part is that they were all actually trying really hard to skate...they weren't really joking around and yet, at heights of 6'7 and 6'5 and 6'4 I saw them dropping like flies, flailing arms, using the wall to stop and many other wonderful sights. Now, normally I would consider it rude to be the person NOT skating, sitting on the sidelines laughing at the people who ARE skating, BUT in my own defense being 9 months pregnant at a skating rink is no fun unless you can at LEAST laugh at your friends. I wish I at least had a picture of the line up (mostly guys) who were skating. All very tall, in shape...tough guys looking timid as ever with their size 15 skates on. I will give you my top 3 favorite falls and then I will stop...

3. LeCrae and Benjah skated up behind Adam and put their arms around his shoulders and brought him down. But they went down too...That was alot of "man" for little kids to skate around. Adam had been skating about a 1/2 of a mile an hour the whole night, so it was good to see some action from him. I kept saying "Babe, how are you having fun? You are going so slow! He would just keep saying, "I'm cool babe, see, you gotta know you're limitations." (Even though he was going a 1/2 of a mile an hour, he was dripping sweat)

2. Ben Washer (6'7) got out on the floor...usually a prankster, but very serious and like a minute and a half later, without so much as a cool breeze to disrupt his concentration he just fell. I lost it. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to go into labor. Geez, 6'7 is just so much to go down and come back up. But he did better after that.

1. And my favorite fall of all...a new friend of Adam's who DID NOT want to skate finally built up the courage to get out on the floor. He looked so confused and timid and after a couple laps of walk/skating he somehow lost his balance and while flailing his arms in the air took down a skinny little black girl with glasses who was about 8-10 years old. (Nothing funnier than a grown man pulling down a little kid with him as he falls) The girl was MAD, she got up and rolled her eyes in ways I had never seen them rolled and called him a "Pervert!" while he very seriously apologized. He looked deflated as she skated off dissing him to her friend. Haha, no forgiveness, but he pressed on:)

When we were done skating I realized all in an instant that we aren't that young anymore. Darragh and I were waddling and pregnant while all our guys were complaining of back aches, blisters (Really? From 2 hours of skating?) and were sweating way more than what seemed to be appropriate for a little recreational skating. We ended up eating burgers at Red Robin. That was a long day for a pregnant girl, but it was all worth it for my Sweet.

So, that's really all I have been up to. Went to the doc and the estimated weight of Z right now is 6lbs and 7 ounces!! I am so pumped since people keep telling me I am going to have a 4lb baby. If we make it to the due date then she could be about 8lbs! Cant wait to kiss her face!! I start going to the doctor once a week now. I am really in the home stretch. Pray for us during this big transition! You can join us in praying that she comes early! (Not too early, I still have a shower this weekend:)) I also want to deliver without the help of medicine, so PLEASE pray for that experience, that I can make it through. I wont feel like a failure if I don't, but I would love the extra prayer. Thanks friends!

Til Later,

9 comments:

Ashleigh Carroll said...

Laughing out loud picturing those guys on roller skates. Amazing. The biggest party foul of the night was you not bringing a camera. SO wrong.

Kryssy said...

I literally laughed out loud at the fall stories... LOL
UMMMM birth WITHOUT meds? Chile... you are a BRAVE one. My coworkers and I were discussing that today, and I told them that I will be pumped full of every medicine they can give me because I don't want to feel ANY of it. lol

Unknown said...

How funny is your update! You look great and it was so good reading what you guys have been up to! Happy Birthday (belated) Adam! :) I am definitely thinking of you guys in your transition time! You both are going to be AMAZING parents!

Lauren Williams said...

something about reading about you laughing made me miss you! i loved when you would laugh real hard!! i am laughing just thinking about it!

Sum said...

yeah for another post!! I am proud of you. And of Adam for attempting to skate. and that other guy for feeling bad when he took out that little girl.

The Hunters said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your little girl and hear how the birth goes! I'll be praying you can do it naturally, because I KNOW you can! You will need a LOT of support and coaching...that is something I underestimated and then felt like i didn't know what I was doing when the contractions hit so bad. I caved when I was at 9cm and he was stuck anyway. But was so glad to have felt how the Lord planned it to be. Also, walk walk walk...dont' let them strap you to a bed or you'll have a harder time managing each one. You'll to great Dawn!

Bark said...

I can't wait to see that little girl! Not much longer!

Linda D said...

Hello my blog friend! Pregnant looks good on you :) Has anyone told you that you will miss being pregnant? I will pray for a safe, natural delivery of your baby. I didnt have meds either, I only wished I was more prepared for it because I think I got a little crazy and loud in there. Next time, I think I will opt for a home birth (Like Kellie did with Olive) or go to a birthing center where they really help you. But like you said, the meds arent a cop out. OH, you said to go get the new Lecrae cd in a previous post but I was not prepared for the awesome-ness that is the new Lecrae CD. My husband is so pumped about it.

Natasha Baker said...

You are really cute!!