Friday, November 21, 2008

First Things First...Z's Room

I am a little behind, but here goes my effort. Its 11:37pm...Adam is asleep...Zipporah is fake sleeping and Elizabeth is here for the second night in a row staying the night to lend a hand because she is a saint, but I will go into that later. I thought I would finally put up pictures of Z's room. (uh oh...she's already starting to moan...this may not happen after all) I know people want to see pics of her, but we have to go in order:) Hopefully I will have some up by the time this blog is over.

Okay, its 1:09am now and I am back:) Here are some pics of her room...

I am not the best photographer, so you may not get the whole picture, but bear with me.


The guest bed


Changing table with her initials that Shannon made! (The furniture is a dark chocolate even though it looks black)


Zipporah (I picked out some fun paper with dots and the different names of Christ and some accents and Shannon put it all together so perfectly!)


Brooklyn


Thomason


All together...plus I hung some of the sweet notes and prayers I received from my great friends at my Texas shower on some ribbon:) She'll know that she was prayed for!


Buckets of toys


My very pink, very cheap curtains that Shannon and I made


And the ribbon around them...very do it yourself room:)


Her little "care cart"...she has way more product then I do


A closer look


I covered 4 canvas with fabric and the wall says "Every good and perfect gift comes from above." I have never found that to be more true than this week.




Rocker/ottoman


Zipporah's very own bookshelf...I initially asked Adam if we could just move one of our bookshelves into her room and find some other place to put our stuff and he basically said (as he did throughout pregnancy) that "Zipporah is not taking over...if she wants a bookshelf she will have to earn it just like we earned this one..." He really sounded tough and like a dad that wasnt going to be ran over by a little kid...Now that she's here... you can currently find him melted all over the house;)


A closer look...My aunt Yolanda sent her the piggy bank with her name on it and Ashleigh made her the little "Z" canvas:) So fun!

Okay, honestly my goal was to blog about the room and the delivery which I have to tell in full since it was such a God story, but it is now 1:51am and I just realized 1. that Zipporah has been soundly asleep for almost an hour and I should have totally taken advantage of that and 2. I am really sleepy:) BUT now that I am going to have to move her to our room she will probably wake up screaming or something and I will find myself right back out here. But I will definitely continue working on having the delivery and pics posted by the end of this weekend. PROMISE!

For now she say's
"I'm tired"


"Sooo...goodnight!"


Til Later,

16 comments:

Unknown said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! I love the room and her. Can't wait to see her in person. God is SO SO SO good

The Hunters said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to hear the story and see more pics of her..and you! Love the room, and all the pink. I just LOVE the feeling of getting a babies room all ready for their arrival and then bringing them home. What a blessed time this is for you! And I just LOVE seeing friend's babies! There is something about knowing a person predating, premarriage, prebabies that makes when these things happen so much more fun! Can't wait to hear more!
Way to go DAWN, you did it!
S

Dana said...

yayyy I was reallly (selfishly) hoping that you would somehow find the energy/time to blog this week. I love the room, very chic! I saw some pics of Z on Ben's flickr and they were so good! Everyone looks happy and healthy... so I'm happy! Man, I wish I could make it to Memphis sometime. We'll see:)

Them Chandlers said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Ashleigh Carroll said...

AHHHH! How have we not seen her yet? She is so gorgeous and the room is super super cute.

Lauren Williams said...

ok i have to admit i haven't even read the blog yet- i HAD to scroll down and see pictures of sweet little Zip first! now i will read it :) I love you!!

Cayce and Joel Harris said...

So thrilled to know she's here!! Precious!! I totally give you credit for even blogging at all at this point in time, but i will say that this post was a big tease. can't wait to hear more about delivery and sweet Zipporah when you get to it. I'll be in Memphis next weekend, hope I get to meet her! WAY TO GO DAWN AND ADAM!

Elizabeth Nouri said...

I'm proud you posted too... cause I sure was fast asleep!! Thanks for letting me hang around and learn so much.. MOM is going to fit you well!! She is one lucky baby for sure!

Meredith said...

Yea! So glad she's here! She's beautiful and her room looks great. Hope you're adjusting to life without sleep :-)

Sum said...

LOVE ITTTT. we must have a video session every week so I can see her. and hopefully you will learn how to work it and you wont hang up on me accidentally hang up on me again!!!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I too scrolled right on down to see her and my oh my!! Beautiful little one! Put her ballerina socks on! :)

Erin said...

HOW ADORABLE!!! LOVE her! Can't wait to see her...and you!
-Erin Crenshaw

B-HO said...

OH MY HECK!!!!!SHE is perfect!!!!GIVE her to me STAT!!!I can't wait to kiss on those luscious cheeks!!!And I love the Adam melting part...so funny!I am praying for sweet rest for mamma and baby!!LOVE YOU!!

Nat Pat said...

oh my gosh Dawn, she is precious!!!! what a sweet little face. can't wait to see more and hear about the delivery. love you guys!

Bex said...

DAWN!! oh my word...she is BEAUTIFUL!! and her room is the cutest thing ever! i was in Guatemala when you had her :( booooo. I LOVE YOU!

DuckworthFam said...

Love it all! Think of you often...peace to you.