Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sorry...sort of...

To say that I need to update my blog would be an understatement. We were having tons of inappropriate fun together talking about Jheri curls and bathroom humor and I had to go and have a baby. THEN the only thing people were interested in were pictures of Zipporah and I crumbled under the pressure.

I never take pictures so that makes it hard and most days instead of blogging I prefer to stare off into space until I realize hours have gone by, eat whole boxes of cereal and chocolate covered granola bars (Sorry Heather, I will change) and stare at my baby until she does something so cute that everyone should see, yet I know I wont document.

So, if you even sort of missed me then I apologize. However, I cant say with certainty that I am "back." I have actually been going through a mini "techno crisis" lately. I have a myspace...I never check it or respond to people...I have a blog...you see how well I have been doing with that lately and I now have a Facebook since Summer forced my hand (although she rarely sends me messages, BUT she did come into town to see me this weekend so I cant complain) but I sort of want to do away with them all because I cant keep up!! But then how will I know when Ray Ray from the 5th grade gets married or when the perfect girl from high school gets fat? (Come on people, be honest with yourselves)

I also blog so infrequently that I become long winded and as my friend Chris Chavez basically told me that reading my blog at times is the decision between reading to the end or having a good 30 minute quiet time...

So...I wont update about our fantastic trip to Savannah or every cute thing Z is doing or how great the Rising was or how wonderful it was to write a song with Jourdan or have her come into town twice or having Summer here, or having dinner with the Bleeckers in Memphis or about my goal to lose 10 pounds as I watch Rick and Heather disappear before my eyes...I cant do any of that because it would just be too much. And I cant upload all of the pictures from those events because 1. unless there is something that I don't know about, adding photos to blogger is TIME CONSUMING and 2. I didn't take any...

BUT Lauren Buck did get a few from our time in Savannah last month, so I can leave you with those...


Z unsure about the camera

Z realizing she loves the camera


Z thrilled to see Uncle (Brian) Buck


Classic photo of the over smiling mom attempting to get her child to smile...didn't really work


Both of us giving up on the smile

Lauren, me and Z.


Nothing great about this, just think Adam is looking tall, muscular and fine...

Thanks for taking the pictures Lauren!

Til Later,

6 comments:

Lauren Williams said...

i can't think of anything to say but i love reading your blogs. please sit down and type random thoughts more often- pictures or not (although those were some really sweet ones of you and Zip!) i miss you!!

Sum said...

1. Is it a problem that when I see other people I don't know in pictures with you and Z I get jealous and want to punch them?

2. Thanks for throwing me under the bus and then pulling me out about the facebook comment.

3. Next time I come in town you are making me that burbon chicken.

4. I miss you already. wahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The Hunters said...

yeah! glad you are "back". love hearing about your life in memphis. Z is so cute and you look beautiful as always!

Unknown said...

I agree with Lauren W. You should post little moments, even if they are: "Z pooped this awesome shade of yellow today! It was really disgusting, but yet inspiring. I may paint the dining room that color. I saved the diaper to get an exact match. Is that nasty?"

I know, I went entirely too far, but you know me, once I commit to something...like this comment. It is getting extremely too long. So I'll end with this: I WAS MENTIONED IN YOUR POST TWICE!!! I FEEL SPECIAL!

AND...I am going grocery shopping with you next time to help you break free of your granola bar addiction. LOVE YA!

Unknown said...

oh yeah...one more thing. I think you should spend a day taking pics of Z's facial expressions. Seriously, I love that kid!

Precious said...

Hey Dawn!! My name is Precious. Not sure if you remember me but we use to work together at express in Northpark mall in dallas. I worked there in 2002. I went back to see some of the girs but most had left; Christy the visuals manager was still there. You look exactly the same girl and your family is gorgeous.